I HATE MY NAME!!! :( Help?

I'm white, 14 yr old female and my name is Precious. I absolutely hate it. Idk why my parents named me that. It sounds like a dog name.

Is there a nickname I can use?

Favorite Answer

Pacey

Paisley

Pansy

Paris

Pasha

Patsy

Paxton

Payne

Payton, Peyton

Peace

Peachy

Pearl

Peggy

Penny

Pepper

Percy

Perry

Persia

Petra

Petsy

Pink, Pinkie

Piper

Pippa

Pippi, Pippen

Pixie

Polly

Prairie

Prayer

Presley

Prie, Pree

Prim

Prism

Pru, Prue

Reese

Ricci

Rory

Sara, Sarah, Sera

Shari, Sherry

Sheena

Sheila

Shelly

Siri

Carrie

Cher

Cherry, Cherie

Cici

Cory

I would chose Peachy, my mom's best friend goes by Peachy and it's really cute. For something more modern, I think Pippa would be very chic due to Pippa Middleton. Presley would be pretty cool too, as would Sheena.

Presley would probably be the easiest to pull off and transition into, as it shares the first syllable with your given first name. I like it for a teen girl name.

Source(s): My whole family goes by nicknames. Most school forms allow you to put a preferred nickname on the paperwork so the teachers know it when they call roll, and you can go by your nickname on Facebook and via email.

I truly think that's a very meaningful and nice name you have and i believe your parents selected the name as you were valuable and loved by them.

You must be happy that your name is very meaningful and immediately send the image a very loved child. N above all it is in NO WAY SOUND LIKE ANY ANIMAL'S name.

Compare your name with these|: Tu Morrow, April, June or celebrity names like: Maddox, Pilot ect...

However, if you are looking for a nickname you can google your name and read its translation in other languages like french (Chere) Italian Hebreu, Spanish, Indian ect.. Like this you will be keeping your own name even though it no longer sounds like the one your parent chose.

I personally love the name French name and now its up to you.

It will still be your name and it's going to be cool.

But make sure you have the right one and the appropriate pronunciation.

Cheers.

Do you have a middle name, or a double barrel name? If so go by the second name. Your name makes you unique and an individual especially when you have a rare name like Precious. Your parents probably have a story behind the name so ask and you might understand why you are called your name. Good Luck!

Petra-pronounced pee-chra

Perri

Pam

Payten-pronounced pay-ten

Presh/Prec

Prisilia

Perdita

Polly

Pam / Pamela

Pat / Patricia

Patrice

Ketsia

Sally

Zara

Danielle

I feel really sorry for you that you feel this way about your name , its not that bad . your nearly old enough to get a deedpoll without permission (i think the age for that is 18)

:)

No offense, but Precious is pretty awful. Especially since that movie came out.

Presh, Pip? Your middle name?

Poor girl,.. What is your middle name? Try that or just pick a name that you like and use that. You can legally change it when you are 18.

Essie, Cece, Pippa

Precy

Presh or u can just go by your middle name .

Use your middle name... if you don't have one be creative and think of one you'd like. I personally like the name :) its sounds sophisticated...

Source(s): Opinion