How to transfer real state property from family member without affecting my ability to buy a house?

The house that I live in is still under my parents name. And my parents have been planning on retiring and moving to their birth country for good. That being, we have been planning on transferring the house to me. However, I'm also planning on purchasing a house in the next few years. Although I've been... show more The house that I live in is still under my parents name. And my parents have been planning on retiring and moving to their birth country for good. That being, we have been planning on transferring the house to me. However, I'm also planning on purchasing a house in the next few years. Although I've been paying for this house's mortgage payment, like I said, currently it's not under my name so I'm technically still a first time home buyer when I finally get to buy another house. So now my question is how can we transfer the current house to my name while still retaining my status as first time home buyer when I get to buy another house?

I've been researching about it and the answers that I found are mixed... There is a quit claim deed that we can do but, like I said, mixed information in terms of my credit being affected...one statement says that the house will be counted as a mortgage under my name thus affecting my credit and ability to acquire another house (at least making it harder and eliminating the privileges that a first time home buyer may get)...WHILE another says the mortgage can be left in my parents name as long as I'm making the payments for it but transfer the Deed or title of the house to my name. That way my credit won't be affected. Which would be true on this? Or is this even the right way of transferring?

Your help would be much appreciated.
Update: And this is in Las Vegas, NV.