Are there published steps for chemically creating rudimentary transistors?

Hello. I would like to connect a multimeter to the transistors as part of the experiment. I understand that many of you who are trained are using exotic and expensive processes. Is there not some crude process for depositing impurities onto intrinsic silicon and bonding electrodes somehow? I realize the answer is... show more Hello. I would like to connect a multimeter to the transistors as part of the experiment. I understand that many of you who are trained are using exotic and expensive processes. Is there not some crude process for depositing impurities onto intrinsic silicon and bonding electrodes somehow? I realize the answer is complex and spans volumes. Can you suggest a book with the desired vocational/technical focous? I will have access to a first year chemistry lab at a community college. I understand some chemicals will have to be obtained through proper channels. I believe I could get help obtaining these chemicals if I am prepared to create the semiconductor material. Thanks.
1 answer 1