apple ID password and username problem?

i just got my iphone fixed and its been a while since ive downloaded anything. i forgot my apple IDs password and the hint is practically useless. is there anything i can do to start downloading apps without having to lose everything i already have.

Favorite Answer

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to answer your question.

Yes you can create a new Apple ID and start downloading immediately but there are caveats to that process. You will not have the ability to access previously paid for apps for some updates and if you have to restore your phone or move to a new upgrade iPhone you will lose those previously downloaded apps because you wont have the login information for that account.

Your best bet is to go to...

www.iforgot.apple.com

and reset your password...they give you multiple ways to reset your password. Worse case you can do a chat session with Apple Support to get your Apple ID reset.

I hope this helps you with your current situation and congrats on getting your iPhone fixed.

Thank you

Agent Alexis P

Badge # 56426

Consultation Agent at Geek Squad 1498

Miami Beach, Florida

Formerly an Apple Expert for Best Buy

8/21/13

Did you like this answer? Give it 5 STARS!

Was this helpful to you? If so, mark it as the "Best Answer!"

Source(s): www.iforgot.apple.com

I feel this possibly more than a hacking dilemma. The previous day my husband couldn't retrieve emails from his mac account and in these days I cannot get my mail and are not able to entry iCloud on-line both. I am hoping that is an challenge at Apple and that they fix it very quickly, like you it's causing me a headache.

You won't lose what you got if you will download new apps (with new apple ID)