What does the excerpt from Gaudium et Spes teach about man's true identitiy?

I REALLY REALLY NEED SOME HELPPPP :'( PLEASE GUYSS. GAUDIUM ET SPES BELOW

"Now, man is not wrong when he regards himself as superior to bodily concerns, and as more than a speck of nature or a nameless constituent of the city of man. For by his interior qualities he outstrips the whole sum of mere things. He plunges into the depths of reality whenever he enters into his own heart; God, Who probes the heart, awaits him there; there he discerns his proper destiny beneath the eyes of God. Thus, when he recognizes in himself a spiritual and immortal soul, he is not being mocked by a fantasy born only of physical or social influences, but is rather laying hold of the proper truth of the matter."

Favorite Answer

~~~ Considering that it can take you a lifetime to deeply understand the meaning, which pales next to the actual experience, Knowing, I'm just going to give you the 'punchline'. I suspect that, for it to mean anything at all to you, you are going to have to pay your dues, do the work!

"We are All One Omni- 'Self!'!"

That every moment of existence is a unique moment of 'Self!'! Knowledge!

Here! Now!

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart

tat tvam asi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tat_Tvam_Asi)

I can interpret the whole thing for you, word by word, but I don't think that it would make any more sense, since some 'senses' can only be seen with old glasses... Like fine wine, some things need to be sipped, and that takes time.

Of course if this is homework, perhaps I might have been some help after all! *__-