has anyone beat michael jackson's record?

Pretty self explanatory... and do you guys think anyone would ever beat the king of pop

Favorite Answer

AHAHAHAH ADELE OMG HAHA?!?! Please take a look at these Guinness World Records.

-Thriller The Best Selling Album of All Time

-Commercials deal with Pepsi Highest-Paid Commercial Spokesperson

-Bad World Tour Most Successful Concert Series Won

-Bad World Tour Most Sold Out Shows At Wembley Stadium Won

-Bad World Tour Highest Grossing Tour by a male solo artist Won

-Bad World Tour Largest Attendance of Audience

-Sony Music Contract Largest Entertainment Contract Ever ($890 million)

-Lifetime Achievement Award

-Our Children, Our Hope Of Tomorrow Award

-Scream The Most Expensive Short Film

-Most Charities Supported By a Pop Star

-Ghosts Longest Music Video

-The Making of Thriller Best Selling Music Video

-The Jackson family Most Successful Pop Family

-Most Successful Entertainer of All Time

-Youngest Vocalist to Top the US Singles Chart

-Highest Paid Entertainer of all Time

-First Entertainer to Earn More Than 100 million Dollars in a Year

-Most Valuable Sculpture By A Living Artist: ‘Michael Jackson and Bubbles’, a porcelain sculpture created by the artist Jeff Koons in 1988 sold for $5,616,750 at Sotheby’s in New York on May 15, 2001. The piece measures 106.7 x 179.1 x 82.6 cm (42 x 70.5 x 32.5 in). (Listed in Guinness Book of World Records 2006)

-Most Valuable Oscar: David O Selznick’s 1940 Best Film Oscar for ‘Gone With The Wind’ (USA, 1939) was bought by Michael Jackson, for $1,542,000 on June 12, 1999, at Sotheby’s, New York (Listed in Guinness Book of World Records 2006)

-Most Weeks at the Top of the US Album Charts

-Thriller Most Successful Music Video

-"You Are Not Alone" First Vocalist to Enter the US Single Chart at Number One

-Most Hit singles in the UK charts in a year

-Longest span of No.1 hits by an R&B artist

-Worlds Largest Poster

-Highest-earning deceased artist

-Most Searched For – Male

-Most expensive jacket sold at auction

-Longest span of US top 40 singles

-Most expensive glove sold at auction

There are way too many but feel free to check it out yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Records_and_achieveme...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_receiv...

• She was already higher paid than MJ in 2012

Well, it depends on how the records are counted. They changed the rules during the run of the game, that's the reason why f.e. Bieber-Baby, sorry Bieber's "Baby" is said to be more successful now than "Candle In The Wind". They're now counting the online streamings as "sales". That's why I believe that the same way Jacko's record will be beaten. The sad truth.

Nope. And I don't think it will ever be broken. That era when people used to buy records has passed, and Michael Jackson was the most popular of that time and still is. It is highly unlikely this will repeat for another artist.

I don't want to believe it but yes.Adele managed to beat Michael's record..When I read it in an article on the Internet I couldn't believe it because I didn't and I don't think that anyone can beat The King Of Pop.But eventually Adele beat him:(

Here's the article that I found out that Adele beat MJ:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/489160/adel...

Hell No! absolutely that isn't any longer available - it may't, M.J is the king - shes no longer close! I swear - if she did - i'd scream and write a very offended letter of criticism putting ahead the full element a restore! :@

No and I don't think anyone will, other than Yahshua when he comes back! As far as MJ goes, he is undoubtedly the most impactful entertainer this world has ever seen and, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!! BTW, please vote for MJ as the world's most famous person. Google Most Famous Person Award 2013 and it will show you the site.

• Dan

Nope. Recods wise definetly not Since artists rarely sell 1 million records total.

Beyonce just beat an MJ record. She is now the highest paid black artist of all time. And I'm sure she has just beaten his Wembley record on ticket sales. Sold out Wembley 2 nights in a rows so far. 90,000 people per night. Sold out in 10 minutes

Nothing last forever

Yeah, eventually.