Athena asked in SportsOther - Sports · 6 years ago

Do you need to grease up bearings before you put them on your longboard/skateboard?

I've been skating for about 6 months now and I want to fix up this longboard I have and all I need are new bearings, I'm completely clueless of what kind I should get because I'm still pretty new at everything and I have no one to really teach me anything or help me so yeah . But back to my question, when I get bearings do I need to grease them , do I need to buy grease ? HELP ME IM A MESS haha xD

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

Most bearing are pre-greased/pre-lubed so you don't need to do anything when you first buy them. Cleaning and greasing your bearing is part of their maintenance.

If you are looking for a new set, I use Renegades and they are on sale on Social Skateboarding. I'll post a link below. I would also recommend you check out the community forum. A lot of active users who can answer questions and help you out, see you there!

http://www.socialskateboarding.com/p/renegade-gene...

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Don't grease them it will only attract dust, bearings stick to the wheels and the trucks they're lubricated on the inside already.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.