Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 7 years ago

TOONTOWN IS CLOSING????????

Why is it closing?

Favorite Answer

Dear fellow toon, i just called toontown, I've cried quite a lot about it (for some personal reasons its helped me through life) and they said its because its over 10 years old it was built for only to last half of the time and its basically... Done its run I suppose. They say they are also closing it to have more time for club penguin, apps, and I guess "newer" stuff.. Personally, if toontown WANTED to stay open they could easily do so.. Just remember all the good times you had on the game and embrace that things come and go, but there's always new and better things coming on the Internet and soon enough I'm sure you (and the rest of tt players) will find a exciting, awesome game that might not live up to toontown a standards, but will be close enough. They had a pretty good run for being 12 years old! Have a nice (or should I say toontastic) day, and remember that in life things change, and that's a part of life.

EDIT: Follow-up on my best answer - add me on toonbook.me I'm Star (just Star) and my icon is a cream cat in a blue bow and purple shirt a holding a cream pie :).

Source(s): A fellow toon that's been playing for 8 years and sad to see it end.

Not only Toontown is closing, but Pirates of the Caribbean, Pixie Hollow, and Cars as well. They're dropping (well this is what I think, just an opinion) two of their best games and two others that, I don't know, are probably good, for their cheapest and worst game and probably money for cheesey little apps. The FAQ is on the site. It's going to be sad to see this game go.

Source(s): toontown.com
  • Ellen

I'm extremely upset about this and I cried for like 4 hours when I saw it! I was like :O for 5 minutes when I saw it! I loved that game but I think they are making a new app for an ipad and they need money? I'm not entirely sure, but it really saddens me to see that game close!

• aguayo

Toontown Wikipedia

People, stop sayin how much you dislike the game. We don't care if you don't like it, so just stop making people feel worse. There are people who have been helped because of TT, in a mental way. Disney is ruining people's lives, and if you can't take that simple fact, you're freaking heartless.

On regards to your question, it is because the certificate needed to run TT expired and they refuse to renew it.

Source(s): A response we got from Disney after calling

ToonTown Is The BEST BEST game in the world! i cannot believe its closing iv been playing since i was like 3! my brother used to play it too! now he is going to collage! but srsly toontown helped with alot of things! now im heartbroken! i met my bff on Tt! we are true friends and we play every day together! :( Guys if anytoon know Tt Email them and tell them, ' I Love ToonTown! and i dont want to let it close! Tt is pretty much my life there are a LOT of ppl who had Tt during issues or hard times , and Tt helped us right? so get onto Tt Right now as soon as you finish reading this and say, ' .KEEP TT! ITS MY FAVE or protest! come on guys! well Ty Lots for reading this and i am very very very very sad. When i heard abot Tt closing i started to cry! well guys if you wanna meet me in Tt i am a mediem size cat purple and named Princess. my doodle is Annatte. well im very sad right now Ty for reading bye bye.

It closed. Thats it. Our favorite game is gone. WHY THOUGH? CLUB PENGUIN SUCKS! THE GAME WAS SO COOL! D: EVEN AFTER THE GAME CLOSED, I'M STILL SAD

Everybody, I am a huge fan of Toontown. I learned the real reason for them wanting to close; it's because of all the hacking people did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toontown_Online#Closi...

im so sad D: i cant beleive theyre gonna use the money to improve club penguin. uhh... club penguin isnt exactly new. ive been on for 6 years (i dont play it anymore, though) and that isnt far from toontown. sorry if i didnt answer your question, im just making a point.

They say that they wanna work on other projects like club penguin. But honestly toontown is way better because it has an objective. Club Penguin is fun but there is no point :/

Source(s): toontown website