What is your favorite winter fragrance?

I am looking to update my fragrance, and would like a few suggestions of "winter friendly" perfumes.

Two of my absolute favorites are Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana and "Ralph" by Ralph Lauren. Even though I love them both, they are considered to be more "summer" scents, so I am looking for something with similar notes.

So what are some of your favorites, or which ones do you think I would like based on the ones I already love? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Some perfumes may stink on you, depends on body chemistry. So, even the best-selling fragrance, may not smell well on you, but best answer is to try on a sample, and see HOW it reacts on your skin.

How I know this? I bought dh one of the best colognes, smell good on another guy, but it didn't on him.

This girl @ work, also has BO. Everyone knows she comes to work, like she showered everyday, looking fresh right out of the shower, etc. but she's got BO. Why? Her perfume is causing her to smell like she stinks!

Perfumes I hate: Scada, Michael Kors.

I like Bulgary Mon Jasmin Noir.

http://us.bulgari.com/productDetail.jsp?…

I also like Chanel 5.

I bought Chanel 5, spray, but it was making me sick, it was just too powerful . . . .even though I loved it when I had a sample, so I took it back and got an exchange for the real perfume, that you only use very little, NOT SPRAYED ON.

BTW: They go on my wrist, behind the neck, why waste expensive perfumes by putting them on your dress? How is your blood flow (veins) going to activate the scent?

You are supposed to apply the perfume to your pulse points..those are the warmest spots on your body (with the excepting of your head). I've also heard that rubbing the perfume is bad . . . it "breaks" the perfume.

Yay! I love wintry perfumes! Here's some I recommend for you:

Quirky Winter Scent:

"Wild Hunt", "Fire From Heaven", Russian Caravan" or "Black March" all by CB I Hate Perfume. These are abstract and highly unusual scents. Of all my recommendations, these are the ones I most strongly suggest you order samples for. Not only are the polarizing, but even if they are not for you, the experience of smelling them is an amazing thing in itself.

Comforting Winter Scent:

"L'heure Bleue" by Guerlain. Rich with a gorgeous vanilla and a touch of melancholy.

"Coromandel" by Chanel.

Classic Winter Scent:

"No. 19". My second favourite perfume and an absolutely gorgeous, subtle green perfume. Make sure to buy the EDT you want a fresher, chillier version. The EDP is better if you like a hint of rose and a lot more powder.

Fresh Winter Scent:

"Hippie Chic" by True Religion. The most similar to Ralph in this list.

Cool yet Sweet:

"Neiges" by Lise Watier.

Yummy Winter Scent:

"Cinnabar" by Estee Lauder. Yummy-ness in a bottle.

"Coco" or "Coco Madeoiselle" by Chanel.

My Personal Choices:

"Apres L'Ondee" by Guerlain. My favourite perfume of all time. Sweet, subtle, chilly and sad. Winter rain in a bottle!

"Bois des Iles" by Chanel. Beautiful, woody, dark. 3rd favourite scent in collection and well worth the $$$

Tips:

- Some of the perfumes listed above may seem old fashioned or very different from the perfumes you love. Don't dismiss a perfume with out trying or (and especially!) because some people might call it a "granny" perfume. I'm in my 20s but I wear Apres L'ondee which is over a 100 years old! You never know what you might like!

- Always test first as the chemicals in perfumes can react differently with your hormones and change the scent.

- Fragrantica.com is the best place to read up on perfumes you're interested in.

All the best :)

Source(s): Perfume collector :)

Dior Addict

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

Givenchy Very Irresistible

Purr by Katy Perry

Ralph Lauren Hot

Heat by Beyonce

you can try this quiz too...it asks you questions and then tells you want they think a good one for you will be :)

http://www.seventeen.com/fun/quizzes/beauty/winter...

"Warm Vanilla" always smells good, "Sensual Amber" by Bath and Body Works is good, maybe Beverly Hills Polo Club "Hot"? Those are my favorite :) Hope this helps!