I need a loan to buy a foreclosed house. Help?

Now comes the details. It's priced at just under 7,000 dollars. It needs extensive work. However it sits on a fairly large lot. I am currently 22 years of age and have some credit history. Less then two years of it unfortunately. However my score reflects an average of 615. I really want to purchase this... show more Now comes the details.
It's priced at just under 7,000 dollars.
It needs extensive work. However it sits on a fairly large lot.
I am currently 22 years of age and have some credit history.
Less then two years of it unfortunately. However my score reflects an average of 615.
I really want to purchase this home because I feel like its a great chance to put some sweat-equity into something and get a decent return.

I can come up with a decent chunk of the money probly $1,200 or more. However I know nothing about buying a foreclosed home and what process that involves or how it effects getting a loan. Or even if there is a loan for that amount of money for a home. I do plan on making the home my residence while I work on it.

My state of residence is Ohio. And I am a member of a local credit union. And have been for almost 3 years now. I just want some idea of what type of loans I'd be looking at? Possibly reasonable rates. Or if I'm totally out of luck? Thanks!
Update: Also! Only reason I'm asking for public opinion on this instead of going directly to my credit union is I like to be informed and I don't want anyone running my credit report for any reason unless I have to. And if I ask a credit union or bank to give me rates they usually want to pressure me to let them... show more Also! Only reason I'm asking for public opinion on this instead of going directly to my credit union is I like to be informed and I don't want anyone running my credit report for any reason unless I have to. And if I ask a credit union or bank to give me rates they usually want to pressure me to let them check my report. I'd like some ideas before I have to deal with that lol.