Why is math so hard for me?

I am a junior in high school and still taking geometry its so hard for me .Other subjects are easy but when i get to math i struggle a lot and i am scared i wont do good in important test have any ideas and is it a problem or am i just stupid

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

NO you're not stupid cuz if u r stupid i am stupid 2 :D

any way any person have different ability, every one good at different things and maybe terrible at other things...(some one is good at math and terrible at drawing and art)

you're good at other subjects then you're not stupid...

you just must study, work with other friends or classmates who are good at it can also be beneficial...or try to teach others (or even urself) what you know can also help u to don't forget the things in math. study it every day if u have time but take it easy and do not take it really hard at all, cuz you will get tirend and lost the desire to learn.

and most important things is listening to teacher or professor ...ask them if u have question (though it is like he/she just singing Lullaby ;D)

Nancy is right (There may be something wrong with your foundation)

Source(s): i always have problem with math 2 i prefer to drawing at math class and keep dreaming instead of listening to teacher.
    • Alexis5 years agoReport

Hi, my name is Alexis and I am in 5th grade. I have struggled through math since 2nd grade. When it comes to spelling or Language Arts I have no problem at all. Please someone give me advice. *Sad Girl*

• 4 years ago

I'm a Junior in High School as well, and I failed both semesters of Algebra 1, first semester of Geometry, and I'll probably fail this semester of Algebra 2, though I can't be sure yet.

Point is, I SUCK at math. My classmates giggle at me that I get like 50% on quizzes and tests, and that I don't even have a GRASP on this sh*t. But one thing I know for sure:

I'm not stupid, because I do really good in Science and Social Studies courses. English courses are also fun because I get to read & write; something I love to do.

If I have many strengths, I have to have one MAJOR weakness: Math. F*ck math.

• Nancy
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

There may be something wrong with your foundation in lower level math, or even with the material from the previous year. Or, you may just not be able to understand the course work. Without telling what areas of "math" you are having trouble with, there's not much else to suggest. Try to think heuristically. If you plan on doing math related courses in college, you may have to take a refresher class.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

first of all - geometry does not work the same way regular math does

normally if you are fairly good at algebra geometry is harder

try working with either a tutor or another student - practice with it does make it easier

geometry does follow very regular rules - you just have to study them to figure them out - they do fall into place after a while and make sense

and dyslexia has nothing to do with it I am dyslexic and excellent at math & geometry - I won awards

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

It's normal to have a subject you struggle in.

Just try and study hard.

You'll be okay.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I'm a junior in geometry too. Math is dumb.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Tons of people are terrible at or just plain hate math, including me -_-

BTW this doesn't belong in LGBT

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.