Just gave up caffeine..?

So I've given up all caffeine about a week ago or two weeks I don't remember..but I've been feeling tired and when I feel like that I usually drink a coffee ... Is there any alternative I can take that's healthy to wake me up?

I've also stopped drinking soda and energy drinks for 7 months now.. And that was easy its just the caffeine part now...

Favorite Answer

black coffee is good for you...much better than toxin laden milk....

coffee consumption reduces the risk of prostate cancer Alzheimer's disease,dementia,Parkinson's disease, heart disease, diabetes mellitus type 2, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, cirrhosis, and gout.

The fact that decaffeinated coffee also exhibits preventative effects against diseases such as prostate cancer and type 2 diabetes suggests that coffee's health benefits are not solely a product of its caffeine content Specifically, the antidiabetic effect of caffeine has been attributed to caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid.

The presence of antioxidants in coffee has been shown to prevent free radicals from causing cell damage.] Evidence suggests that roasted coffee has a stronger antioxidant effect than green coffee.

Caffeine acts as an acute antidepressant. A review published in 2004 indicated a negative correlation between suicide rates and coffee consumption. It was suggested that the action of caffeine in blocking the inhibitory effects of adenosine on dopamine nerves in the brain reduced feelings of depression. Coffee consumption is also associated with improved endothelial function. Coffee extracts have been shown to inhibit 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, enzyme which converts cortisone to cortisol and is a current pharmaceutical target for the treatment of diabetes type 2 and the metabolic syndrome.//

Source(s): wiki

You could try fruit or herbal teas, and see if they help (they usually contain no caffeine). If not, other teas typically have much less caffeine than coffee, and have health benefits too. Good luck.

So did you or did you not give up caffeine? Make up your mind, idiot.

And you're tired because you keep drinking caffeine, so it's disrupting your sleep pattern.

• Bimmy

Good luck Robert.