Zofia asked in SportsOther - Sports · 6 years ago

Help with skateboarding (what to buy?!?)?

I'm fairly new to skateboarding but i have been riding a second hand element board for about 3 hours for about 2 weeks, I can now drop in, ollie and ride bowl. I'd like some suggestions for what skateshoes and gear that is worth while in investing in :) seeing as though my board is old and my bday is combing up soon if love a new board, what brand should I get? Abecs? Trucks? Clothing? Btw I'm 14 and a girl

Best Answer

Wow you sound good for 2 weeks!

shoes:

the less seams on the toe, the better. avoid shoes unless their pro models (meaning they were designed for a rider eg. koston 1s or paul rodriguez for nikes). I ride nikes and theyve been lasting. Lakais are also nice and I hear etnies are good.

bearings: buy abec 7 or just reds they dont really matter.

Clothes: I like sweat pants tbh but it's whatever your comfortable with. Dont wear really tight jeans or shirts. skate companies are always good

Trucks: whatever your price range is but independent, thunder, krux or tensor are good

board: if you have the money, girl, deathwish or baker is good.

have fun :)

Source(s): my life

I recommend you get a toy machine deck or creature some independent trucks bones reds bearings bones wheels and mob grip for your shoes I've been really happy with nike janoskis and p-rods

Source(s): I'm a skater
  • Jordan

I like Vans for shoes, and Plan B decks. You can skate in whatever clothes you want, really doesn't make any difference.