tanner
tanner asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 7 years ago

Do you list the parents of the groom on wedding invites?

I know the bride's parents are listed on the wedding invite, but what about the groom's? And if so, I'm not sure how to word it.

My mother & father are divorced, my father is remarried, all of them have the same last name. I do not plan to list my step mom's name as a parent as I have both my mom & dad to list. Do I word it Miss. first name last name & Mr. first name last name?

My fiance's mother died two years ago. His mother & father separated when he was young & both are remarried. However, he does not consider his step mom his mother so to say. And he no longer has much to do w/ the step dad since his mother's passing. So I know we would list his dad, but what do we do about the deceased mother...list her anyways, don't add a mother, just not sure how to handle that part?

Favorite Answer

You do not have to list the parents name

The Families of

Jane Ann Smith

and

John James Jackson

invite you to celebrate their marriage

The Parents of

Jane Ann Smith

And

John James Jackson

invite ...

This way you do not have to list everyone

Nobody could complain about who name make or not make the invitation

• drip

IF you only want to list your mother and your father (not their spouses) then just list their names.

Your mother is not a Miss. She can either be a Ms or a Mrs. ask her how she wants it.

Deceased parent-

Son of Mr. Smith and the late Mrs. June Jones.

so

Mrs Jane Wilson and Mr. John Wilson

request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter

your name

to

Mr. groom's name

Son of the late Mrs June Jones (her married name when she died) and Mr. Patrick Smith.

there is a ton of etiquette books on weddings at the public library.

Who is paying for the wedding or any part of it is of NO (repeat "no") consequence when it comes to the invitation. The bride's family issues the invitation, and the reception is the bride's mother's party. There is already good advice on preparing invitations among these answers so I won't repeat it, but money is NOT a matter of interest at a wedding. Unless you think this is the time for the families to prepare financial statements for the guests to inspect and approve, DO NOT base the decision on who to name on the invitation according to who writes the checks.

• Lydia

Yes, you put on both sets of parents; it has nothing to do with who is paying for the wedding as other posters have said.

You should include the married step-parents' names, you just include the first names in parentheses - and whatever surname his mom used.

Marie Louise,

daughter of Frank (Susan) Smith and Helen Smith,

and

Mark William,

son of Henry (Lucy) Green and the late Rita (Joseph) Green-Tate,

request the honour of your presence....

• Katey

We listed both our parents on our wedding invitations.

John & Valerie Smith

and

Tom & Ann Doe

Invite you to attend the marriage of their children

Katey Smith

to

Daniel Doe

etc etc

Mr. Stephen Grayden Smith

and

Ms. Barbara Jones Smith **the Ms. & not being listed bside Dad tells they are div

and

Mr. James Griffen Allen ***alone lets everyone know his spouse is deceased

No need to worry about the steps.

The person paying for it does the inviting. You will read other things . But people like to write thank you notes afterward and if they do not know who is paying; they cannot. So if it is more than one person paying you may list them. If you as bride and groom are paying then no parents are on the invitation

I just came from your other question, so I know you're living together with kids. Therefore, the answer is you don't mention your parents. Why would they be part of the invite when you're already established with your own family?

Just google for examples, but most people would just say "Jane Brody and Ryan Smith invite you..." or even "You're cordially invited to the wedding of Jane Brody and Ryan Smith."

• kelsey

Paula is nice. regardless of that, in my humble opinion, both both gadgets of people might want to on the invitation or none in any respect regardless of who's paying. it is 2012, no longer 1950. besides that, you probably did make contributions! Your destiny in-regulations are rude. undeniable and easy.

Anyone who is paying for your wedding should be listed. bottom line its your wedding invite. list who you want!

this is the way I did mine

(my mother) requests the honor of your presence at the marriage of her daughter to

Mr. (grooms name) blah blah blah.

or you can say

Mr and Mrs whoever invite you to attend the marriage of their daughter to mr. whoever son of mr and mrs whoever.

if you really want to go formal consult a wedding expert and get some advice from them good luck and congratulations!