Where can I get a tattoo at age 16 without parental consent?

I live in St. Louis Missouri, and I would love to have a tattoo. It's nothing stupid and it has a lot of meaning to me. But I need to know of someplace here in StL (preferably with the zip code 63114) where I can go, where they'll do it on someone underaged without parental permission. Thank you in advance :)

nowhere reputable will tattoo a minor, it's against the law. Maybe a basement or someone's garage, but you can't verify that it's perfectly clean or that the art will be good. It's best to just wait and think on the tattoo until you're old enough to get one done right. You'll have it for the rest of your life, so there's no real rush.

You can order a custom temporary tattoo online in bulk and re-apply it weekly. You may also discover that you aren't in love with the tattoo anymore in a few years. I'm sure glad i didn't get any of my first tattoo ideas personally.

• lola

No reputable tattoo artist will work on a client that is underage, without parental consent. So, even if you do find someone willing to ink you, chances are it's not going to be someone with a good reputation, that does beautiful, long-lasting work. It's most likely, you're going to end up with work that turns out badly, does not age well, and will need to be reworked, or even covered up with another tattoo, further down the line. In short, you're going to get a lousy tattoo, that looks awful.

If the tattoo has meaning to you now, it will still have that meaning to you in 2 years, when you're able to get it, without needing parental consent. As well, in 2 years you'll have been able to save up to have a talented, reputable artist work on it, meaning you'll have ink that turns out well, and lasts.

I can do a decent job. I charge minimal amounts and use pen ink and a sewing needle. I just started doing them on others. This was initially just something I did on myself because I was upset by the parental consent laws in my state. I really support your viewpoint. It's my decision and nobody elses. Escpecially for a tattoo.

I know the answer don't ever get a tattoo they never get removed and the place they are never get clean no matter how many times you wash it

in any state you have to have a parent con cent other wise the tattoo person wont do it and if he does is a risk of them going to jail.

no state in america will let a tattoo shop tattoo a minor even with parental permission.