Toc asked in TravelCanadaVictoria · 6 years ago

Best Sightseeing & Activities in Victoria, BC?

My wife and I will be in Victoria for 1 full day and night, with maybe a couple hours the morning before we leave.

What are the MUST-SEE places (or must-do activities) around Victoria? We'll be staying downtown without a car. Everything needs to be within walking distance or a short bus ride.

Thank you!

• Jeff H
    Best Answer

Well it all depends on what you find interesting. When in Victoria we also stay downtown and prefer not to use our vehicle unless absolutely necessary. Some of the many activities available in the downtown area or ones that provide transportation from there are:

Royal British Columbia Museum and IMAX Theatre

Provincial Legislature Buildings

Royal Maritime Museum

Beacon Hill Park

Ghostly Walks

Butchart Gardens (out of town but tours available from downtown)

Whale Watching

A variety of other museums, galleries, restaurants and other tourist attractions are also available within a short walk or bus ride of the downtown area.

Butchart Gardens is high on my list of must-dos in Victoria in summer. It's a little ways out but you can get a bus to it. The Royal BC Museum is also not to be missed.