Auto body repair shop says their AAA wholesale discount will cover my insurance deductible?

I was in a car accident and need to get some auto body repair done. The shop gave me an estimate and told me they could cover my insurance deductible with their 'AAA Wholesale Discount'. Is this a real thing? They would bill the insurance company for the repair, less the deductible, and then instead of... show more I was in a car accident and need to get some auto body repair done. The shop gave me an estimate and told me they could cover my insurance deductible with their 'AAA Wholesale Discount'. Is this a real thing? They would bill the insurance company for the repair, less the deductible, and then instead of holding me responsible for that deductible, they would get it paid through their own AAA Wholesale Discount insurance. Is this shady? Will they back out at the last moment and make me pay the deductible? I told them I wanted this in writing and that I would talk to my insurance company about it first. They said don't bother to talk to the insurance company. This raised a red flag. Why not talk the insurance company if everything the auto body repair shop wants to do is on the up and up?