How should I respond to this employer's references request?

So I submitted a cover letter and resume for a job in another town where no one knows me. It's a very technical job and both the town and company are very small, and even in my town there aren't a whole lot of people with the skill and experience I have for this job. So I thought I stand a pretty good chance. I emailed my resume and cover letter and I got a response back the very next day! They wanted three professional references. I do not list contact info in my resume because I have learned that isn't really appropriate. My question is... the application window for this job is supposed to be open for another two weeks. Should I go ahead and submit the references? They haven't even invited me for an interview yet. I thought that was the time to ask for references.

MALE: I suggest you read up on current resume etiquette and proper form. No, I'm not trying to hide anything. It has to do with privacy issues, and putting down people's names and numbers on a resume I have heard can actually present oneself in a NEGATIVE way.

Favorite Answer

If you want the job and they are asking for references - GIVE THEM TO THEM!

• PATMAN

Based on your question, you sound as If you are hiding something. Could just be the way you phrased it maybe.

For starters, why would you NOT put your contact info on your resume?

Provide 3 references, contact those reference ahead of time & let them know they might get a call from whomever you are interviewing with.

Source(s): job coach

Of course submit them now! If you don't you won't be called for an interview. They don't go on a resume, but they do go on a separate page & can be sent along with the resume & cover letter. In fact you should always send them with any resume you send in.

In my opinion an interview is better. It is easier to hide the 'cons' about yourself without lying.

Be sly.

Be clever.

Do not lie they will eventually find out.