promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What do you think is more likely?

The universe began through complex processes that didn't actually have a cause (In the world of physics, we've observed that certain things do exist without a cause) and through natural laws was able to become this universe we have.

Or

An eternal supernatural being who is complex enough to create an entire universe not only didn't need to have a cause himself, but didn't even need a beginning.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The first one is a restatement of what I have quoted here so many times before, that "nothing, working ON nothing, BY nothing, FOR nothing, and THROUGH nothing, begat EVERY thing." That is both unscientific, AND illogical. It is nonsense.

In the words of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (AKA Sherlock Holmes), “When you have eliminated the impossible, then whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

I have to conclude (quite logically) that the universe was created by a Being that transcends our MEST universe (MEST = Matter, Energy, Space, Time), that He transcends the physical bounds of this universe, that He exists outside of space and time, and that He consists of something OTHER than matter and energy. (Jesus called it "spirit" when describing God.)

N

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I can't tell you for sure what caused the universe to begin. This much I can say for certain. A Deity didn't pop into existence one day without a cause. Create humans , and then tell us what position we should use for procreation.

• 7 years ago

Is an eternal universe less likely than an eternal universe creating bearded guy?

• Kessie
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

The first one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I'll vote for the Invisible Bearded Jewish Sky God who lives in outer space and makes people out of dirt.

• 7 years ago

The universe is/was intelligently designed. End of.

• 7 years ago

The second one.

• 7 years ago

The tenth one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.