Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Why do republican-conservatives wave the confederate flag?

Best Answer

they don't

and i'd bet $100 you would NOT kmow what a Confederate flag looked like if you saw one

your confusing a Battle Flag _ the red one with the Blue X, with white stars in the X

with a Confederate flag

2. that battle flag was flown by both the Confederates and Union soldiers in the civil war

it was flown by US soldiers in WW l and WW ll

It's funny that the idiots that bash the confederate flag don't have a clue what it really stands for.----Jeeper,you owe me 100 bucks.I do know the differance between the confederate flag and the battle flag.

I've never waved a confederate flag, but I don't fault those that do.

Where I live in the North, people view the confederate flag as a rebel flag, which the Confederacy did not consider themselves to be rebels.

@Brandon, the Confederacy WAS an American country. There is nothing unAmerican about the Confederacy, but there is sh*tloads unAmerican about LIEberal f*cktwats like you.

I don't wave it. I wave the U.S. flag, the Texas flag, and the Gadsen flag. But a lot of young people in the south identify with it, not necessarily because they are racist, but because they consider themselves rebels.

• George

Because they didn't like "big gov'mnt" freeing their slaves. Also, they want to repeal the Civil Rights Act.

Read Page 35/51: http://www.commoncause.org/atf/cf/%7BFB3C17E2-CDD1...

Model State Sovereignty Civil Rights Law

"Every state and federal official who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of the United States, or any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, enforces any federal law, federal grant condition or federal regulation that purports to displace, supersede, control or condition the exercise of the traditionally reserved powers of the State of _______ in violation of the United States Constitution, SHALL BE LIABLE IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY TO SUIT IN EQUITY in the courts of the State of __________ by taxpaying residents of the State of _________."

In essence, they are criminalizing enforcement of the Act.

• Chris

That's not a partisan thing, it's a state thing.

Some rednecks from the South wave it; center-right, right wing people up north, in the Midwest, or out west don't.

• Bob B

Most don't, except in your warped imagination.

Why did the Democrats found the KKK? Why did Democrat senators filibuster the Civil Rights Act in the 1960's? Why did southern Democrat governors stand in schoolhouse doors to block school desegregation?

It is more of a southern conservative thing then a Republican-conservative issue. It is Southerners who are proud of the Confederacy..

Most don't, just some Southerners do. I think to them it represents Southern heritage, the South's uniqueness and just what it means to be a Southerner.

Last I heard it was their right....

....you know, just like all those high schoolers in LA who skipped school to wave the Mexican flag at all those "immigration" rallies... you don't see the irony there either... do you?