Do you have to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender before Legend of Korra?

When I was like 10 I used to watch Avatar on Nickelodeon, and I basically know some things and most of the characters, but I pretty much forgot most of it. So would you have to watch and understand the entire thing before trying Legend of Korra?

• plett

No I dont believe you have got to I mean i am a giant fan of the last airbender series its satisfactory! However I also like the legend of Korra to,despite the fact that you might better understand what going on within the Legend of Korra(on the characters side of matters) in case you have been to look at the entire last airbender series.^_^ Hope that helps! YOur notable!

Not really but the last airbender is much better than legend of korra so far. I would watch the last airbender first because it introduces the basic mechanics of bending and how the world is set. The cool thing about legend of korra is you get to see hoe everything changed.

No you don't have to watch Avatar the Last Airbender first but it would be useful to, because some of the things from Avatar the Last Airbender are mentioned in Legend of Korra. Like bloodbending and energybending

Source(s): Big Avatar Fan

Since you watched it in the past, even if you forgot most of it, I'm pretty sure Legend of Korra will help jog some of those memories. I'm also assuming you still at least understand the basic concept of the show, so yeah, I'd recommend you to watch Korra. It's a good show.

No, Legend of Korra has a completely different plot. As long as you know the basics from Avatar, you'll be able to understand Korra.

• Lorna

you don't have to if you know the basics, but watching the original will help you learn about the lore of the avatar world and the more intricate aspects of bending and in general save you a lot of questioning about how or why something in korra happens

Not necessarily, but it would be advisable.

"The Last Airbender" is better to "The Legend of Korra".

Not really but you should. Like its a big you should though.