best bass oriented headphones for portable use?

i know people are going to say how monster and such are bad brands BUT i like those brands. i like bass that vibrates up against your ears and flat responses just dont cut it for me...i listen to heavy electronic music (hardstyle) and trance, the monster inspiration were great for that and the only flaw in my opinion was the plastic headband. i also take aesthetics seriously. so if you know of any headphones that have the sound im looking for please let me know, thanks.

i want a detachable cable if possible since these would be for everyday use

it will be powered by my ipod

i want around the ear, on ear isnt very comfortable for me

im not discrediting the classic "audiophile" headsets, i just need the pair with the best punch and to look decent, but they have to be powered by an ipod, not an amp...thanks

Favorite Answer

Well, since you like bass like many people do (including me), you should checkout the headphones below. Both have pretty good sound quality and has the bass that bassheads would like.

You should checkout the Logitech UE 6000

Here's a review on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yatEVQto9g

Youtube thumbnail

Also checkout the Audio Technica ATH WS70

Here's a review on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brt1VhuCHoQ

Youtube thumbnail

@Cantilena91 MANY people LIKE bass in there music bruh,

• The thing with Beats or Monsters or whatever is that you are paying for the brand factor. And that makes them super expensive. You can usually get phones about half the price from another brand that'll be as good or better. The other thing about Beats, Monster etc is the bass isn't that good anyway. It's bloated mid bass that sounds super boomy, but never rumbles at quite the depths good headphones will or a subwoofer will.

I'd recommend something else..

As for models. Look out for the following:

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

PSB M4U1

Audio Technica ATH-WS70

Audio Technica ATH-M50

Then again, music is just MUCH MORE than thumping, overpowering bass!!

If REAL quality is an issue, you should stick to REPUTABLE brands only such as B&W, Sennheiser (most affordable), Shure, Grado, Denon, AKG, Audio-Technica (NOT to be mixed with Technic which is utter rubbish as well!), Etymotic or Beyerdynamic. Things like V-Moda, Klipsch, Sony, Panasonic, JVC and Philips are ONLY "okay-ish" indeed. Please do NOT fall a victim to FASHION ACCESSORIES by buying Boombox, Ministry of Sound, Sol/Republic/Revolution, Noontec Zoro's, Benetton, a-jays, iFrogz, Marley, Fanny Wang, Razer, Karl Kani, WESC, Turtle, JH, Dr.Dre/Beats/Solo, Ludacris/Soul, Koss, Skullcandy, Lady GaGa, Skullcrushers, Monsters nor Bose, because they are ALL seriously overhyped and overpriced "fashion blingbling gimmicks" with a very poor durability and sound quality, NOTHING else (and those who try to claim they are good do NOT know ANYTHING about QUALITY anyway!), BE THEM FAKE OR NOT!

Also, please do NOT focus on the thumping bass that just distorts everything else, instead go for GOOD audio quality IN GENERAL.

I have the audia Techniqua ATH 500 PRO with a $20 amp and it blows any pair of beats away by miles for half the price

Source(s): Ownership