mo
mo asked in Pregnancy & ParentingGrade-Schooler · 7 years ago

What are good books for a nine yr old girl?

Are Goosebumps books geared for this age group?

Favorite Answer

yes Goosebumps books are okay to read at 9. I read them when i was that age and my nephew also read them when he was 9.

Other books she might like that I read at 9 were

Nancy Drew Series

Judy Blume books

Charlotte's Web

I have no idea what the book "Goosebumps" is, but I looked it up and I don't think they're good books (but that's just my opinion). Here are some books I used to read when I was nine years old:

• The Chronicles of Narnia

• Runaway Ralph

• Henry and Ribsy

• Little House on the Prairie

• Pippin

Yes, the Goosebumps books are aimed at this age range.

There are literally tens of thousands of children's books in prints, and many thousands more out of print but available used or in libraries.

The best books for THIS 9 year old girl are the ones that engage her and that she enjoys reading. What does she like? Animals? History? Humor? Sports? Dolls? Stories about contemporary girls? Fantasy? Science Fiction? What books has she read and enjoyed?

How are her reading skills? Is she reading at grade level? Above? What's her attention span? (Can she handle a long novel? Or will she get bored and frustrated halfway through?)

My daughter is older now, but at around this age I remember her enjoying the Magic Treehouse series, Babysitter's Club books, the Little House books, and lots of juvenile fantasy books.

If you're still stumped, the children's librarian at your public library can help.

Goosebumps are great. Look for "My best friend is invisible" and the ones about dummies.

Little House on the Prarie

Judy Blume- the fudge series

Anything by Beverly Clearly

Anything by Roald Dhal- Matilda or Charlie and the Chocolate factory

Secret 7 and Famous Five by Enid Blyton.

For a 9 year old young women I think goosebumps is for littler kids.

She is old enough and needs one like the Titanic or a big mature teenager book.

Yes, if she's into that kind of thing. Take her to a library, let her pick.