1996 Buick Regal passenger brake light turns off when driver side turn signal applied.?

When I turn on the driver side turn signal my passenger side brake lights go off. This doesn't happen when I signal to the passenger side. I know that my flashers and my brake lights are the same bulbs and l know my fuses are good. All the bulbs are functional to my knowledge and the brake lights on both sides work as long as I don't have the signals on. I've had this problem for a while and searched everywhere for an answer. If anyone has some knowledge of what might case this, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have a bad turn signal switch ,because all your brake lights and turn signals and 4-ways all go in to the turn signal switch ,If all the bulbs are good it just about hast to be the turn signal switch .

Source(s): drpeppers

it is a elementary fault and is ninety 9% the earth cord that's oftentimes connectected with the help of a bolt to the bodywork someplace interior the boot in case you undo the bolt and sparkling the realm of the bodywork that it bolts to and sparkling the connector with some abrasive paper then all might want to be nicely.