Help will we get approved for a mortgage?

Me and my fiance have decided to buy a house. We did things in the wrong order but it was because we saw a house that we fell in love with and it is what has made us kick the process into high gear. We've been trying to save and fix our credit over the last year and this is where we stand. We just don't... show more Me and my fiance have decided to buy a house. We did things in the wrong order but it was because we saw a house that we fell in love with and it is what has made us kick the process into high gear. We've been trying to save and fix our credit over the last year and this is where we stand. We just don't know which order to go about everything else. We have saved roughly 27k and it is still climbing due to our jobs.. we bonus practically every month. His credit is almost completely repaired minus the largest ding. . A judgment for about 4k. We are planning to pay it asap but we just need to know if by showing proof its paid will allow us to go through with being financed. As for me.. I have 2 medical bills which also I'm prepared to settle, totaling 7k. I was told 2 k shouId be approved as an offer. I just want to know how much they weigh in an approval. Other than that my credit is fine. I dont have much because I've always been a cash type person.. But my credit card has always been in time. We both have an average credit score of about 680.and a combined gross income of just over 100k im 24 and he is 31.now the house we want is 175k. I understand that our savings of 27k is probably going to be less once we manage our debt but we need direction and someone who is familiar w this whole process to tell us if we take care all of this.. will a bank approve us? How do we go about everything? Please help and give CONSTRUCTIVE advice. We have ran our finances and are extremely confident we can afford this house. We just don't know how to go about starting this whole process in the correct order. We're both not experienced in buying a house. This would be the first for both of us. Do we go to a bank and tell them about the debt and ask them how they want us to handle it? Or handle it first then go? Please help!! We are in love w the house we found and dont want to lose it if there is a fast way to go about this.
4 answers 4