Is a business to business group buying site a good idea?

i plan to launch a b2b group buying site like groupon but offering goods and services that would be of interest to small and medium size businesses. I plan to source products from China and Vietnam and sell to SME in Australia, new zealand and USA. Alot of the factories in China have large minimum qty so it is hard for SME to do business with them and get the right price, i plan to create a web platform that would consolidate alot of small orders into large orders and send direct to clients.

Favorite Answer

I agree with Karl. In spite of all what some economists say, Groupon business model is still efficient for generating income. It might require significant efforts to build your solid customers base and to promote your business to make it popular and profitable, but it is the same with any other type of e-commerce website. People love saving money and they love getting discounts both when they shop for their private needs or for business. This will not change and this is exactly what group buying sites offer. One more good side of creating a group buying site is that there are many software providers offering solutions for building group buying sites for any budget so at least the technical part of starting that kind of business is relatively easy.

I too agree. Group buying sites generate huge revenue and is a great hit in the online business market. I have being the business for more than 2 years now and have found continuous improvement. I purchased groupon clone script from Ideaz Global.

The simple answer to this question is YES. The collective buying websites brings the merchandiser with a great opportunity in exhibiting his products online to reach a wide audience. Group buying website with the collective buying power allowing huge price discounts for the customers allows you get a good number of customers where only few are expected to come to buy your products from your shop.

Professional looking websites are designed and coded by Professional Web Designers. You will have to understand design theory, CSS, HTML, and UNIX permissions and paths, just to start with. There are many web building suites available out there, including some on the web, but they are in general far from professional looking. If you have a great idea, and you want to present it in a professional manor on the web, hire a web designer. There are tons of freelancers out there, pop a notice on craigslist and ask for bids. I warn you, it wont come cheep, but that is wat you pay for professional web design.