Would you ask more questions in the senior citizen category if the likelihood of being reported ...?

... wasn't as high as it is? I used to ask almost all my questions here. The universal element f/ the collective sagacity of the readers qualified almost any question in this category. The typical contributors were kind, considerate and wise. I grew attached to expecting answers f/ people I became fond of. ... show more ... wasn't as high as it is?
I used to ask almost all my questions here. The universal element f/ the collective sagacity of the readers qualified almost any question in this category. The typical contributors were kind, considerate and wise. I grew attached to expecting answers f/ people I became fond of. But the reporting went over the top. Now I check in infrequently, and my questions usually go elsewhere.
Incidentally, my questions rarely disappear f/ other categories ... it was only a problem in this one. I'm the same person, what's up w/ that?
Update: meer- Thanks, your contributions are now, and always have been duly noted/appreciated ... just like "flower". The 3 of us (only 2 answers up now) have been here (YA) a LONG time. We probably all have our original account (I do). When "mainstays" float among the people/categories, a pattern... show more meer- Thanks, your contributions are now, and always have been duly noted/appreciated ... just like "flower". The 3 of us (only 2 answers up now) have been here (YA) a LONG time. We probably all have our original account (I do).
When "mainstays" float among the people/categories, a pattern develops identifying respect.
Since I shied away f/ this category, I became aware of the acumen being expressed by same people in more than one category. They tend to be consistent and courteous.
Update 2: dj- I saw that q. ... it was a good one. I went through the process to answer it but I don't remember if I posted. I tend to be meticulous about my answers. Occasionally, I read what I wrote and become dissatisfied. I might have "TDd" my self and didn't click "submit". I don't... show more dj- I saw that q. ... it was a good one. I went through the process to answer it but I don't remember if I posted.
I tend to be meticulous about my answers. Occasionally, I read what I wrote and become dissatisfied. I might have "TDd" my self and didn't click "submit". I don't remember but the proof is gone ... thus my inquiry.
Update 3: dj- My account opened in 2006. The first 5 or 6 yrs. were conditioned to focus on the SC category. I LOVED it here. I know of DOZENS of people that became accustomed/developed affinity to this category by the friendliness, then subsequently discontinued their presence because the frustration caused by reporting was... show more dj- My account opened in 2006. The first 5 or 6 yrs. were conditioned to focus on the SC category. I LOVED it here. I know of DOZENS of people that became accustomed/developed affinity to this category by the friendliness, then subsequently discontinued their presence because the frustration caused by reporting was too great.
I feel confident the top 10 (this category) would attest to that. These are people familiar w/ me ... and I them.
Update 4: cal- I have a couple questions up now I would have posted here "back before" that are both fun and interesting. But I don't want want to risk it in here now. One about the "hyperloop" and the other about the "megacryometeor". The words can be internet searched. It's a shame... show more cal- I have a couple questions up now I would have posted here "back before" that are both fun and interesting. But I don't want want to risk it in here now.
One about the "hyperloop" and the other about the "megacryometeor". The words can be internet searched.
It's a shame those kind of questions would once elicit MANY answers/stars f/ this category as people seemed to be genuinely anxious to weigh in ... those days are gone.
Update 5: PL- w/ = with ... f/ = from
These words are used so often, I've probably saved 2hrs. of time by fewer keystrokes. I don't type very fast (the letter image is worn off all the keys except q,z and j). Plus, those abbreviations give my writing style personality.
Update 6: I was- This category may get "chatty" but that can be subject to interpretation by the reader. The definition of chat may be specific, but the content is not always a clear violation as what appears to be "chat" to some, is meaningful intercourse to others trying to learn. Even still, it's... show more I was- This category may get "chatty" but that can be subject to interpretation by the reader. The definition of chat may be specific, but the content is not always a clear violation as what appears to be "chat" to some, is meaningful intercourse to others trying to learn. Even still, it's innocuous. I see questions fly in some categories that are downright insulting to half the readers, but getting praised by the other half. On occasion, I get compelled to weigh in on how uncool that is. One needs a thick skin if in the wrong half.
The thing about chat, is it's so simple to move on. We move past questions all the time. Why judge?
Reporting can get contagious as people draw conclusions about who they thought did the reporting, then they set their sights on revenge. The first stone should be dropped.