Places to see (and a town to stay) between Dijon and Brantome (Perigord Vert)?

I am playing travel agent and chauffeur for my parents (mid-70s) and daughter (12) for a trip to France where we will visit family (Strasbourg) and a town with historical relevance to our family (Brantome, not far from Perigueux). We would like to take a leisurely pace between Dijon and Brantome, staying somewhere... show more I am playing travel agent and chauffeur for my parents (mid-70s) and daughter (12) for a trip to France where we will visit family (Strasbourg) and a town with historical relevance to our family (Brantome, not far from Perigueux). We would like to take a leisurely pace between Dijon and Brantome, staying somewhere in between overnight, but don't know where to stay. Limoges has not been described as a terrific place for tourists. How's Moulins? Montlucon? Anything else you'd recommend? I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind seeing a castle along the way, if there is one to visit.

Thank you. Or, as Mr. Bean replied when complimented on his French, "Gracias."
Update: Gueret is another possible town.

Or we could just take a longer route by heading north or south of the route that Google Maps suggests, but we still just have a couple of days (one night) from Dijon to Brantome.