Why did my ex say that Pocahontas never married John Smith?

My ex is getting married in an arranged marriage in 2 weeks. He is arabian, and I am white. We dated 3 years ago, and the relationship lasted for 2 years. He called me last night and told me that John Smith and Pocahontas never got married. He told me that had I answered his calls earlier in the year, he would have... show more My ex is getting married in an arranged marriage in 2 weeks. He is arabian, and I am white. We dated 3 years ago, and the relationship lasted for 2 years. He called me last night and told me that John Smith and Pocahontas never got married. He told me that had I answered his calls earlier in the year, he would have gotten back together with me, but now that his wedding is so close he cannot cancel it. He also said that when he found out that I had a boyfriend, that he scheduled his wedding to be sooner. He also said he is not in love with her now, but in arranged marriages love comes after you get married? I just told him good luck in his marriage and that I wish him the best and hung up.

Why would he say that? Especially the Pocahontas thing?
6 answers 6