Extremely dry skin! Please help!!!?

Okay, so the other day, I used tea tree oil and witch hazel. Those of which, dried my skin out severely. I can't even look at my face in the mirror. So I put makeup on, and of course it made it way worse. How can I apply makeup to make it look like I don't have dry skin? Or what moisturizer can I use to get rid of this in a day?

Also, I have tried exfoliating but every time I do that, my skin gets itchy and red and it makes it worse! Please help! My skin was perfectly fine before I used those harsh products and now my skin is more dry than ever!

If you go to this link, I posted 2 pictures.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/332157-extr...

Favorite Answer

extra virgin coconut oil it makes the skin kinda shiny so maybe use it at bedtime i use the Garden of Life brand.. it comes in glass jar so it has none of that plastic bpa

also for wash i use johnson's baby wash softens skin

I would suggest you try using Jojoba Oil as it is a great natural moisturiser and it is suitable for all skin types.

Jojoba Oil as it is almost identical organically-speaking to sebum, which is the natural oil produced by your skin. As well as being a great natural moisturizer it can also help with acne, Jojoba Oil penetrates into the skin without clogging pores and is suitable for all skin types it contains vitamin E and antioxidants which are great for fighting aging signs and moisturizing the skin.

Remove any surface dirt from your skin, then put just a few drops of jojoba oil into your hand and rub it into your skin when you start to work jojoba oil into the skin, the oil penetrates into the pores.

You can even use the tea tree\ witch hazeland the jojoba oil together, to do this I would recommend between 10-20 drops of essential oil to 50ml of jojoba oil, that way it is safe to apply to larger areas of the skin.

You only need a few drops to massage into your skin, if your face begins to look shiny you have used to much. You can also apply after exfoliating, to moisturise\nourish the skin.

Hope this helps!

I use a product called velocity, its a lightweight moisturizer. I use it every day before i put my makeup on. Its sold by mary kay. I use to get a little dry skin on my forehead and using make up always made it look worse. Using velocity I never have this problem any more. Good luck!