Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

If Conservatives are so concerned about an adulterer as mayor of NYC then why did they support Sanford?

Conservatives are claiming that it's an absolute travesty that Anthony Weiner is still in the race for New York City. Don't they find it a bit odd and even rather hypocritical that they are castigating the Democratic Party over Weiner -who has fallen to only 10% in most polls, has been asked by several Democratic Party leaders to step down in the race, and has zero chance of actually being elected- when just a few short months ago Conservatives in North Carolina elected Mark Sanford to the US Senate?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • justa
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As a Democrat I find Weiner to be unsupportable, and he never committed adultery, he did something much slimier, he called himself Carlos Danger. Unthinkable.

I do think they are being their usual hypocritical selves, don't forget Vitter is still there after his fling with prostitutes, the difference being that they claim to be redeemed, washed in the Blood of the Lord, and will go forth and sin no more. Or at least not so's you'd notice.

Redemption is a big deal down there, you can fall, several times, and claim you are redeemed,and then fall a few times and they just nod and say none of us are perfect. And we aren't.

But a Northern Jew doesn't have that option, and so the Cons can make hay over it.

Spitzer is another story all together, he did have a prostitute, in what seems to be a rather trite pay for sex deal, but he didn't use public funds and hes a serious person, with serious credibility and will probably get elected. Weiner just made an *** of his junk and is fodder for late night comedians.

He's so over.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You are confused on just about everything.

1. Weiner was not an adulterer he sent pictures of his genitalia to groups of women. He continued top do it after getting caught and promising his constituents and his wife he would stop. Basically he is a pervert.

2. Sanford was not elected to the US Senate.

3. He is not from North Carolina

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you are wrong about everything you say.

• 8 years ago

For the record, as sleazy as he is, there has been no evidence that Wiener actually had an affair. I don't consider sending pictures of my junk to someone thousands of miles away to be sex. Closer proximity is required.

As for adultery in New York, Rudy Giuliani gets the prize for being the most brazen about it. Not only did he have a mistress, he also put her on the city payroll.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ha Ha looking over the the answers on here. Ted Bundy was a Republican activist....Republicans stand for all that is wrong in America. btw Weiner is a Tea Bagger

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I just want Weiner to run on a platform with someone with the last name of Big, so we can have the Big Weiner ticket.

• 8 years ago

Um, having an admitted affair or sending pictures of your privates to numerous girls some of whom you have no idea how old they are AND continuing to do so after getting caught.

I do give credit to the people of New York and Tony's low numbers in the polls, but really you are comparing apples to oranges.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

We are trying to catch up with the Democrats

JFK, Teddy "don't driver over a bridge" Kennedy, Wiener, Spitzer, John Edwards and multiple adulterer Bubba "soggy cigar" Clinton and the long list of Democrat adulterers out weigh Sanford

• 8 years ago

Long live Filner, mayor of San Diego. He didn't know sexual harassment was wrong and has now taken a crash course in what not to do. I don't hear any democrats screaming for his removal as mayor.

• Cody
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It's called "expediency," a technique to malign your opponent no matter that your own group has done something just as bad. Your implication that *only* conservatives use this campaign technique is ludicrous in the extreme.

• 8 years ago

Sanford had one affair?

Sanford also said that he "crossed the lines" with a handful of other women during 20 years of marriage, but not as far as he did with his mistress. "There were a handful of instances wherein I crossed the lines I shouldn't have crossed as a married man, but never crossed the ultimate line," he said

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.