I have more questions about a boat for the Chesapeake Bay?

After reviewing the answers to my previous question I have more information on the search criteria for the kind of boat I would like. I think what I am looking for is a deep V hull, high free-board, with a cabin or shelter from spray, length in the mid 20's, trailerable, flying bridge. The boat is mostly for sightseeing. I think it would be great to do some fishing.

What kind of boat should I be looking for that is in the $20,000, $30,000 range?

Favorite Answer

Keep narrowing down your criteria - you'll get there. . . Only problem now is, a trailerable boat with a fly bridge - they just don't do well when it comes to going under street lights. . . So if you are sticking to a trailerable size - forget the Fly bridge.

Now you need to think about what you can "comfortably" spend in fuel for a full day out on your boat. . . Think about it seriously, and give an accurate answer. This is money you will have available to spend for fuel every time you take your boat out. This will narrow your search down further. . .

So right now, as is. . . you're looking at a "deep V, small mid 20 foot cuddy or cabin cruiser with fishing ability" . . .

boston whaler