cant watch horror and violent movies anymore?

past few months....i had anxiety...since then i cant tolerate violent/horror incidents or movies.....i feel my heart weak.

before i used to watch horror movies alone and i had strong heart....but i just cant now....will i be ever ok again?...why is this happend to me.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Since you suffer from anxiety, as I do too, you get very scared from scary movies because of the suspense and how scary it might be, which is why your heart beat quickens and you feel the way you do. Theres nothing wrong with you and it has nothing to do with having a strong or weak heart. The suspense and horror in scary movies elevates your heart rate making it beat faster. If you really want to watch scary movies though, start with something less scary like a childs scary movie and work your way up the scale to full-blown svary movies but be safe at the same time! Good luck!

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • DeAnne
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

That's sure to happen when you watch garbage on TV. Whatever you see and hear stays in your mind and bothers you later. It an cause nightmares, depression, anxiety and worse.

Here’s some sleep ideas; do these in order:

- no highly spiced dinner (pizza, curry, jalapeno peppers, 5-alarm chili

- no violence, horror, explicit sex or hair raising chases on TV (radio, videos, games or books)

- soak in a hot bath with fragrant candles

- take a mild o.t.c. sleep aid like Melatonin (about $5 at Walmart)

- drink hot cocoa or milk

- sleep in a comfy bed, alone

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.