Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 6 years ago

what are your favorite X-Men comic series?

Okay, so I'm just starting to get into comics. And I love the x-men. So I was wondering, what are your favorite series adn why? I'm looking for great story writing! And i don't care if it's about a single character or all of them, what are some good ones?

Thanks :D

• C
    Favorite Answer

Uncanny X-Men. The answer's always Uncanny X-Men. It's basically back to Cyclops X-men being renegades out on the run protecting humans and mutants. It stars Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magneto, Magik and a bunch of new mutants.

All New X-Men is also good, it's by the same writer as Uncanny and it's about the original five X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Angel and Iceman) being brought to their future/the present.

X-Men (it's just X-Men, no adjectives) is good. It's an all female team with Storm, Psylocke, Rachel Grey, Kitty Pryde and Jubilee. It's been pretty good so far. The team doesn't really feel like it's a forced female team like everyone just said hai we all have lady parts so let's kick some evil butt, it does feel more natural and like it's something that just happened.

X-Men Legacy is about Xavier's godlike son Legion who has 100's of personalities living in his head each with their own powerset. It's basically just him trying to secure mutant future a different way than his father and Magneto.

There's also X-Factor, but it's ending soon, but it may get a relaunch in the fall. It was like a Mutant Investigation book with a bunch of less famous characters like Madrox, Strong Guy, Rictor, Shatterstar, etc. If you can find any of the older trades I'd suggest buying them if that sounds like your thing.

All of these series are ongoing and it probably wouldn't be too hard to catch up with any of them, especially just plain X-Men there's only three issues out so far.

Joss Whedon and John Cassaday's run on Astonishing X-Men a few years back was great. I'm really digging All-New X-Men right now.

Read Astonishing X-Men. I think that story won an award.