Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 years ago

I'm so embarrassed of my life...?!?

Okay so let me give you some background before I go on. I'm a 13 year old girl and me and my mom live of of about 20,000 a year. We used to have a nice lavish life. We had a house boat and a speed boat and corvettes and a nice house and we went on vacation all the time. Well that ended around 2003 when my mom was laid off from them removing her insurance position and my parents got divorced. Well it was a nasty divorce and my dad never paid child support. Well long story short my mom was raising 3 girls on her own with just her cleaning business. Well when the economy got worse she lost all of her clients anyways so now we are poor. We live in a trailer and my mom drives a car that looks like this but bright red http://www.cardomain.com/ride/411143/1999-ford-zx2...

I feel bad for being embarrassed but I am and all the people at my school are rich and then they see me out in this ugly old thing and I hate it so much.??!! How can I stop being so embarrassed of what I have because I know I should be grateful for what I do have but it's so hard! Help?!?

• Lv 4
    Favorite Answer

I'm embarrassed of your life too.

Honey, be grateful. You have a place to live in, a car, food, and at least clothes. They may not be top of the line, but at least you have some. My parents got divorced when I was 6, so I know how it is. And who cares about what other people think? Be yourself, be confident. That's all that matters. Make good grades and hang out with the right people, not rich snobs. Maybe when you're old enough, you could get a job somewhere. Then you could start earning your own money and buy new clothes. Or, you could see in your neighborhood, if anyone needs some chores to be done, like mowing the lawn or walking the dogs. That may be silly to ask, but you never know. I know it's hard, but some other people are homeless. Just be happy that you aren't, and you never will be. So.. Just be confident and smile, say that one day you will get through this time, and accept the fact that this wont last forever. Anyways, hope this helps somehow!(:

I find it funny young kids judge others based off their financial status when the kids don't earn a single dime of it. Such ignorance, as nearly all of them don't realize that even among the poor in this country they live a much richer, safer, and fuller life than the majority of the world. Instead they should be grateful to even be born and have caring parents that lead them to the comfortable lives they have. They have yet to understand responsibilities because they hardly have any.

It can happen to anyone, ive seen a lot of people lose thier houses and cars when the economy hit. just stop worrying about being rich. If your so concerned about it then just wait and go to college, get a real good job that will make you lots of money. But theres more important things than that though

• Haggi

So ten years ago when you were three the rich life ended - no one at school even realises your parents were better off. Your mom does the best she can so deal with it and then in time give her the lifestyle she deserves again.

Well Im a Welfare Bum and My Parents got me prepared for that kind of Life Style

You need to realize that material things don't matter. Being alive and being healthy is what is important.

People will remember you for being a good person, so work on that. Try to love yourself.