I am using Asus P5G4IT- M LX motherboard , Can i use AMD FX 6300 Processor ?

My motherboard is Asus P5G4IT- M LX since i am using intel dual core processor now its not working then i am choose AMD FX 6300 Processor, its economical and better speed than intel core i3,

but i don't know my motherboard support it ......

you have any suggestion to any other processor please tel me

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

You cannot run an AMD processor on an Intel motherboard. Even Core i3 processor won't run on that motherboard, cause the socket is different. U will need to buy a new motherboard anyways, if u plan to change the processor.

Get the Asus M5A78L-M V2 motherboard, its pretty cheap. Sell ur old processor and motherboard for some discount at the computer shop.

Source(s): Any doubts, just email me: akash1988@gmail.com
  • hague
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Asus Motherboard Amd Processor

• 6 years ago

No this motherboard would support only Intel Pentium processors. Yours is an AMD Processor.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

No. That is an lintel motherboard. You need a socket 775 cpu. You would need a cheap motherboard like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

You will also probably need new memory as most 775s took ddr2 ( but check, some took ddr3). If your OS came bundled with the computer you may also need to replace it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PTRP
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

If you wanted to use an FX6300 ($120 at newegg) then you have no choice but to buy a new mobo that supports it....

you can get An ASUS am3+ mobo for as low as $55 at newegg.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.