I am using Asus P5G4IT- M LX motherboard , Can i use AMD FX 6300 Processor ?

My motherboard is Asus P5G4IT- M LX since i am using intel dual core processor now its not working then i am choose AMD FX 6300 Processor, its economical and better speed than intel core i3,

but i don't know my motherboard support it ......

you have any suggestion to any other processor please tel me

Best Answer

You cannot run an AMD processor on an Intel motherboard. Even Core i3 processor won't run on that motherboard, cause the socket is different. U will need to buy a new motherboard anyways, if u plan to change the processor.

Get the Asus M5A78L-M V2 motherboard, its pretty cheap. Sell ur old processor and motherboard for some discount at the computer shop.

Source(s): Any doubts, just email me: akash1988@gmail.com
  • hague

Asus Motherboard Amd Processor

No this motherboard would support only Intel Pentium processors. Yours is an AMD Processor.

No. That is an lintel motherboard. You need a socket 775 cpu. You would need a cheap motherboard like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

You will also probably need new memory as most 775s took ddr2 ( but check, some took ddr3). If your OS came bundled with the computer you may also need to replace it.

• PTRP

If you wanted to use an FX6300 ($120 at newegg) then you have no choice but to buy a new mobo that supports it....

you can get An ASUS am3+ mobo for as low as $55 at newegg.....