Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 7 years ago

my cat ate rat poison?

i think my cat ate rat poisoning from the garage but i don't think it has any of the symptoms? its only 4 months old:( my cats just acting a little tired and its stomach is a bit swollen. its been about 5 hours? i havnt gone to the vet yet because my parents think my cats fine? please help:(

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

    If you unsure take it to the vet

    If you can't get them to take you, then see if you can get it to throw up.

    Not sure how fast a cats digestion is but get it out quick

    Rat poison is an anticoagulant, it basically causes the blood in the rat to thin and bleed internally and some times blood can run out of the ears,nose,eyes,mouth

    These are symptoms to look for to confirm whether or not your car has ingested any poison

    Still a vet is the best option, tell your parents that if your cat dies in the night that you'll blame them and the fault will be entirely on them

    • Login to reply the answers
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    If you even suspect that your cat got into rat poison then she needs to be at the vet now. If you can take a sample of the poison with you so they can identify it. She will probably have a small amount of blood tested now and placed on medication. Rat poison causes the blood to thin and not clot so she would end up bleeding out - the problem is that the symptoms would not show up for a couple days at which time it is too late to treat. Please convince your parents that she needs help before it is too late. I hope the best for her.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

    If the poison has no longer digested absolutely from the rat, the cat can get sick. It depends on the amount left within the rat's belly after ingestion, and how so much is within the rat's system. A cat will doubtless not die, but can also be made sick, depending on the age/well being of the cat.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

    VET! NOW! You can ask your parents if they think they would be fine after ingesting rat poison! Hell call a vet yourself and have your parents talk to them if it convinces them because the longer you wait the less chance there is going to be to save the cat.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Go immediately and try to get it to drink as much water as possible and try to get it to throw up ( offer it some grass to eat )

    Source(s): I have Many pets
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

    Go to the vet. ASAP

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

    please watch her carefully!!!!! rat poisonis very toxic and can kill her, especially at such a young age, I definately advise getting her checked by a vet

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.