promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the difference between Avid Pro Tools and student version?

the regular version is like $700

http://shop.avid.com/store/product.do?product=3258...

and the student is $300

http://www.amazon.com/Avid-9900-65459-00-Pro-Tools...

so what is the difference???? the price gap is about $400, so im very curious why the regular one is so much more expensive thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They are identical. The student version is offered as a mode of assisting audio students who do not have a lot money will in school. All of the plugins and functionality is there. It really should be setup as just one version with an optional "student discount".

I have included the link for you to see if you are eligible for the avid pro tools student discount. I hope you are eligible as it is a great discount. Good luck:)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • donoho
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Pro Tools Student

• Stacy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw4My

The best way get attention in the film industry is to write an epic screenplay. Most actors, studios, directors would kill (some literally) for just an original and compelling story. Whoever has the rights to a wanted screenplay has quite a bit of leverage. Having the ability to write well is the holy grail of all talents and since most of us do not have that ability we resort to plan B. I figured that you may want to be aware of this option in the event that you fall into the less than 1% of people who can write something marketable. My advise. #1 Specialize... there are many aspects to making a film from pre-production to post...find one process that interests you and dive in deep. Economic majors, lets say accountants for example are very useful to studios and you should have no problem finding a job counting beans or being useful in some aspect of the business aspect of film making .... but if it is the actual creativity part of film making that you are interested in, find a niche. Know more about, or be more proficient than anyone else around in one particular element. You can spend a lifetime learning, but you will become an expert at some point. #2 Do not let school get in the way of your education. Get your grades, meet interesting people but know the difference between school and education. Use as many of the resources available to you in college to pursue your own interests. What you teach yourself outside of the classroom is where you will get your true education. #3 Start your own short film. Adapt a story or make one up. Get an inexpensive digital video camera and start making a short. Do not get caught up in trying to make every aspect of this project perfect. All you need is a camera with an extra battery, a tripod ..maybe borrow a c-stand or two (with sandbags) and a silk from the school. Buy some gels for your lighting and get a lunch and costume budget together. You should have no problem finding a friend or two to help in exchange for lunch/dinner as well as a couple actors. USE THE BEST ACTORS YOU CAN FIND. Do not worry about finding actors, just be upfront about what you are doing and offer to feed them. Actors need to act. Commit to a shooting schedule and keep it. Keep your short 10-15 min max and have your screenplay written in the proper format before you approach THE BEST ACTORS THAT YOU CAN FIND!! You can edit in a cheap version of Adobe Premiere or maybe even in Windows Movie Maker or find a friend with Final Cut Pro or Avid but I would also suggest becoming familiar with Pro Tools Many people get start from the bottom in the industry by becoming a production assistant. Working long hours with little to no pay can lead to better opportunities. By doing everything possible to keep the higher ups focused and prepared can pay off in dividends. Everything from washing and putting gas in the directors car to having a rubber band handy at the right time can mean survival. Watch the move The Devil Wears Prada...it is often the same thing on a movie set.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.