Nutrition during chemotherapy?

I'm a 15 year old guy, I've always been a pretty big fan of teas, either chilled or warm. Now I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma (cancer in the lymph nodes). I'm curious is there any type of tea that is beneficial to my body while I undergo this battle? I know tea won't beat cancer for me, that's what the chemotherapy is for but I'm hoping there's something that can at least help with my lack of energy and nutrients in my body. Thank you. :)

Favorite Answer

hey man! i've had leukemia since i was 3 months old (25 years), and i've done chemo everyday since. doses obviously changed depending on the severity and whether i'm stable or not. basically when it comes to nutrition and an average dose of chemo, there's not really much you can do. if you're not eating enough you'll get a feeding tube which will supply all the nutrients you need to be healthy. and i can't sweat this enough...if you're hungry, EAT! and make sure it's healthy, but easy of your stomach. i suggest a banana or cereal (with soy milk!). they should also give you vitamin supplements with your prescription medication. yours should be in pill form, mine's in iv form as i can't produce enzymes to digest foods (another story, lol). but yeah, just eat super healthy, take your vitamins, and stay positive!

good luck buddy! you can do this!! you can email me if you have any other questions or just looking for a chat :) (tyler031290@yahoo.com)

get omega 3 fatty acid supplement through flax or fish oil. Take vitamins daily or split in half take half twice day. Don't eat sugar, fried food, soda pop, empty carbs. I would suggest gluten free diet. Eat dark leafy greens and herbs. You tube search natural cancer cures and see how people did it without the md's with nutritionally dense foods. go to nutritiondata.com and l check out foods for antiinflammatory. check out show bright side on gcnlive.com