Why do I feel like I always need to entertain people as opposed to socializing?

I almost feel like hanging out with certain people is a chore because when we hang out I feel like I need to entertain them! If it were not for me the room would be silent the whole time and I hate awkward silences because I feel like if you are hanging out with someone then you guys should at least be talking to each other or doing something. Not all of my friends are like this however a lot of people are! Is it because people nowadays are so used to technology doing everything for them and now they expect others to do the same?

Favorite Answer

its so true, when people dont have anything to talk about or are awkward, they take their phone out and start playing with it (once they wont even be doing anything in it) just to not look awkard and avoid eye-contact

i hate this and you should talk because facebook etc. can be done any time, when you decided to hang out with friends then spend time talking.

• VTer

Your friends are duds! You should get some new friends ASAP. You should NEVER have to be in a room full of silent people. That sounds like a nightmare!!