If I want to apply for Immigration Canada from inside Canada with a valid job offer do I have to get...?

I have Graduated from a university in Canada (done my masters). Now I want to apply for PR under Federal Skill Worker with a valid job offer. Do I have to still get labor Opinion Market? If yes How so? Is it the same process as getting a work permit through Labor Opinion Market?

Thanks for your response. However it says:

If recruiting a Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) already in Canada

With some exceptions (e.g., when the job offer is issued by a different employer than on the TFW’s existing work permit), most TFW’s who are already in Canada can submit their Federal Skilled Worker application (with a qualifying job offer) directly to CIC for consideration. In such cases, a separate application does not need to be made to HRSDC for an Arranged Employment Opinion.

In My case I am nt working at the moment so I don't know how does that work.

Thank you for your quick response. I can't apply under CEC as I don't have Canadian Work Experience.

And I don't have A P.HD so I guess FSW with a valid job offer and LMO is the only way. But Yu are right maybe I should get some professional help. But I thought maybe I can find some one who have done this path here and they can advise.

But thanks for your time.

• bw022
    Best Answer

If you have obtained a master degree in Canada (presumably at least two years), then you should likely be looking at the Canadian Experience Class as a route to permanent residency. Recent graduates may apply for a two year work permit under the Post Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP). If you can then find 12 months worth of work in your profession (type 0, A, or B in the NOC) you can then apply for permanent residency under the CEC. While you basically have one year to find a qualifying job, you can look for work in Canada, you don't need an LMO, and (if you find work) your permanent residency application isn't a competition and won't take years.

However... if you don't or can't go this route...

In order to apply under the FSW program you must have either:

a) a job offer from a Canadian company (in a type 0, A, or B profession) with an LMO, or

b) be in certain professions listed on the CIC web site (with limits on the numbers available), or

c) have completed a PhD degree in Canada within the past 12 months.

So... you can apply as a FSW without a job offer. However... only the first 1,000 PhD applicants are accepted each year and you immediately loose 10 points on your application if you don't have a prearranged job offer. Once the PhD stream is filled (1000 applicants) then you need a job offer with an LMO or a profession listed. You'd have to contact CIC whether they would accept a job offer without an LMO as counting towards your points if you are one of the 1,000 applications accepted. Remember that the FSW program is a competition. Only the top 10,000 applications per year are accepted and only 5,000 this year.

I would personally talk with an immigration lawyer on this one. You should at least have one review your application.

Yes, you need an LMO. The government of Canada website tells you how to get an LMO.