Can black girls be beautiful?

I was talking with my grandma who is an olddddd black woman, and we were watching an adventure romance movie. I asked her why do I seldom see an african american lead female? An AA girl embark on an aventure, slay the dragon and marry the prince? She told me the movie wouldn't sell, because the public wants... show more I was talking with my grandma who is an olddddd black woman, and we were watching an adventure romance movie.
I asked her why do I seldom see an african american lead female? An AA girl embark on an aventure, slay the dragon and marry the prince?
She told me the movie wouldn't sell, because the public wants to see a beautiful heroine.
I asked her if black could be beautiful.
In short, she told me a black girl could never be beautiful to America. Possibly, rarely sexy, but never beautiful.
This made me upset.
In addition, the only "black" girls that are deemed pretty are light girls. All the popular girls in my school are light, and they get all the guys.
Even black guys bash dark girls. (Looking at you, Tommy Sotomayor and Lil Wayne. Luckily, I've never felt for black guys.)
Is this true?
Do we really have no beauty?
If not, what can make a black female individual "beautiful"?