Is it hard to get into the University of Minnesota?

I'm going to be a senior this year and I just toured the campus today. I really loved it and I feel like I want to go there. My gpa is about a 3.78 weighted, I'm in the top 10% of my class out of 560 and my ACT score is 25. I am retaking the ACT in September and I hope to do a bit better. I've taken all honors courses in social studies and math. I'm undecided with my major. You think I have a chance? I feel like I haven't done enough advanced stuff.. And that I should've joined NHS when I was a sophomore.

Favorite Answer

I think you have a good chance of getting in based on your academics. Try to do a couple extracurriculars to stand out though. It also depends which school you're trying to get into. There is Carlson school of management, College of Biological science, College of science and engineering, college of liberal arts, college of agriculture and food science, and college of education and human development. The first 3 are generally harder to get into as a freshman than the last three. If you are undecided I would say try to get into CLA as an undeclared major. Good luck.

Source(s): www.umn.edu I will be applying there this year too.