I am moving to Northern California/Sacramento. what are some small towns outside of sac?

We have small children and want to live close to Sac within at least an hour drive. What is a good small city to move to?

Best Answer

I have visited the small cities & towns north of Sacramento with my wife in the past two years and found some nice small towns like Sutter, Live Oak, Meridian, Colusa and Williams. As for a small city within an hour drive would be like Yuba City, Woodland, Davis or Elk Grove. Not everyone can be everywhere in Sacramento County, so I left you some more information on the internet search below for you and your family to decide what is a nice place to move to in the Sacramento area, enjoy.

• Flower

An hour from Sacto with added driving time in rush hour is tough. Here are some I am familiar with: Roseville and Rocklin to the N.E., Lincoln and Yuba City due North; Woodland and Davis to the N.W. and Folsom and Elk Grove to the south. Wilton is very inexpensive rural town S.E. of Sacto. It all depends on your budget and where your job is located.

Elk Grove, Davis, Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom