?

Spiritually speaking, will another religious based terrorist attack be directed toward US in the future?

I feel that US' "intervention" would do us more harm than good.

Politics yes, but the seed of hatred (I believe) has been sown in radical Islam, that is why I said:" Spiritually speaking", looking at the problem from the viewpoint of religious conflicts.

@ Feivel: Indeed. This is just too much fighting from radical Islamist, too much of everything.

@ Feivel: I fear it would be worse than 911 this time...innocent lives will be compromised once again.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I do believe so when a people feel they are being oppressed and that their is an occupation going on in their lands and their religion tells them to fight against such things [ That's what Jihad is their struggle against invaders ] then it's inevitable.

I don't think the USA do themselves any favors at times though. The terrorists attacks where just that from terrorists not a country/government etc so now they are invading countries and killing innocent civilians to get to terrorists so people will be annoyed with that.

• ?

Albert "Bert" Newton Stubblebine III (born 1930[1]) is a retired Major General in the United States Army. He was the commanding general of the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command from 1981 to 1984, when he retired from the Army. He was also known for his interest in psychic warfare and his hope to develop an army of soldiers with powers such as the ability to walk through walls.

Source(s): He also acted as a part-time consultant to two government contractors, ERIM and Space Applications Corporation.[5] Stubblebine's statements questioning damage to the The Pentagon made during the September 11 attacks have been cited by conspiracy theorists such as David Ray Griffin to suggest that there was a conspiracy involving some elements of the United States government.[6]

First of all, there's nothing religious about terrorism. There's nothing Islamic about terrorism, there's nothing Jewish about terrorism, there's nothing Christian about terrorism and so on and so forth. Terrorism becomes attractive when you add the religious element to them. It becomes attractive to anti-religious people ("the religion is the causal factor" argument) and to the extremist factions of respective religions ("If they're doing it, then I should too" logic). The United States is under attack every single day by various people from various groups, foreign and domestic. Bombs are uncovered every single day in the U.S. Focus on one particular minority and you ignore other looming threats.

Anyway, no, I do not believe another 'religious' based terrorist attack will be directed to the U.S. I believe in the hard work of our gov't who are defending us, whether military or civilian. We have taken extreme precautions now. It was all fun and games back then, now even a peep of threat and you're under investigation. But then again, nobody knows. Our interventionism, arguably, has damaged our credibility world wide. The Iraq war definitely made it worse. We have an image problem. The Pakistanis that you see on T.V. burning our flags are maybe one faction of the population that are anti-American; the Chinese burn our flags and shout anti-American slogans too but you won't hear about them. Even I got the Anti-American speech when I went to France by a Japanese sushi chef!

TL;DR

Politics, not religion, motivate terrorism. It is a strategic tactic to topple the power advantage.

"Indeed. This is just too much fighting from radical Islamist, too much of everything."

Really? They are the monopoly of fighting??

Most certainly. I think the probability of such an attack in the next 1000 years is almost 100%

This is a perfect example of vague prophecy.

• Yes it will happen, It is just a matter of when. but the President will take care of things as always. I feel no sorrow for those that his Justice will be carried out on, For they will not like it.

Source(s): Apostle James the Greater

Most terrorist attacks are politically motivated.

• Feivel

I am sure another terrorist attack is probably being planned now. Sad but no doubt true. All done in the name of Allah.

Yes, look up "Hutaree".

do bears poop in the woods?