Alex G
Alex G asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 6 years ago

Best place to live in Boston area?

Is it Cambridge?

Someplace else?

Please give your reasons.

Best Answer

what are you looking for?

if you want low crime, lots to do and decent schools look at Brookline and Newton

no kids, nightlife? try Cambridge, Waltham, Fenway and Jamaica plain

college kid: Allston/Brighton

Source(s): ..
  • Tai

That depends on what you mean by "best." The safest, prettiest, and grandest places are also incredibly expensive, and the cheapest and funnest places are not really the safest, so you have to find a balance and what's right for you. Within Boston itself, I'm a fan of Back Bay and the South End, and within the Boston area (but not in the city itself) I like Quincy and Salem. The reason I like those places is because they all have plenty to do and are reasonably safe. The Back Bay is really expensive, but the other places I mentioned are pretty standard for the Boston area.

Cambridge and Somerville are both great and they are both only 5min outside of the city. I grew up here in Somerville and it is wicked close to everything and public transportation is easy to get to. Cambridge is also nice and has a lot to offer as well.

It all depends upon who you are.

There is something for everyone in the area.