Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Jefferson Airplane vs Jefferson Starship?

I love Grace Slick her voice and her songwriting ability now I saw a cd boxset with these albums in

Jefferson Airplane Takes Off (1966)

Surrealistic Pillow (1967)

After Bathing At Baxter's (1967)

Crown Of Creation (1968)

Bless Its Pointed Head

now thing is I have Surrealistic Pillow, After Bathing At Baxters and Crown Of Creation so is there much point in buying the set just for Jefferson Airplane Takes Off (which doesn't feature Grace)

Also I saw a boxset with 5 Jefferson Starship albums

Dragon Fly (1974)

Red Octopus (1975)

Spitfire (1976)

Earth (1978)

Freedom At Point Zero (1979)

I don't have any of them so should I get the Jefferson Starship set? is Grace Slick on them

• vtd288
    Favorite Answer

"Jefferson Airplane Takes Off" is good, but you should get the live "Bless It's Pointed Little Head" and "Volunteers" if you don't already have them. They both feature Grace Slick and they are both great.

Grace Slick appears on all the Jefferson Starship albums in that boxset except "Freedom at Point Zero".

Jefferson starship sucks (my opinion) but get the Jefferson airplane box their albums are pretty good

Jefferson Airplane definately.. Volunteers is their best album

Nothing like the old Airplane to get you were you need to go!Did not really care a whole lot for the Starship! ;)

jefferson starship is terrible, airplane is much better