Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Do you approve of the Smithsonian Institute acquiring Trayvon Martin's hoodie?

BQ: should the S.I. also acquire OJ's glove?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes and Casey Anthony's Tampon.

Source(s): BLING FOR THE KING
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with that unless they really don't understand what the SI is all about. Their vision statement says "Shaping the future by preserving our heritage, discovering new knowledge, and sharing our resources with the world". Preserving our heritage can be anything from the command module from Apollo 11, to Archie Bunkers chair to items involved in criminal cases that had a significant social impact. No matter what you take on the Zimmerman case is, there is absolutely no denying that it has had a significant social impact. The two items most closely associated with that case are the hoodie and Zimmerman's gun. It is perfectly appropriate for the SI to acquire both. The same is true of OJ's glove. Ultimately is is up to the owners of these items to decide if they want to donate them.

• 8 years ago

Only if they also acquire the beer bottles used at the summit Obama called after doing the race thing the first time around.

The only reason I could see this would be to point out that for the first time ever, a President, supposedly representing ALL of the people has allowed himself to get involved with issues that don't and shouldn't concern him.

If used as the proper example. No problem. If used for other reasons, big problem.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Liberal PC run amok. Why would a traditionally fine institute want a low-life thug's hoodie. I guarantee you a year from now most people will see it and ask who is Trayvon Martin. He simply is not and never will be anything of historical significance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nikki
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It's not really a piece of history at all unless you're racist...

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

No. It is of no historical significance unless you are a racist.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

only if it is used at the target range

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.