is there a black hole near Uranus?

I was just wondering because I wasn't sure

This is a serious question so don't go calling me a troll. I have heard rumours, and I was just hoping that someone could give me a proper answer, but very few can.

Favorite Answer

The nearest black hole to our planet Earth, is 1600 lightyears away.

Uranus at its farthest distance from Earth, is only about 3 light hours away. Even if the distance to Uranus were oriented in the same direction as that black hole, it still wouldn't even be significant enough to change the number of light years away that that black hole is.

So to answer your question, no, there isn't a black hole near Uranus.

If there were a black hole anywhere near the solar system, we'd damn well know about it by now, as the orbits of our planets would be significantly distorted by its gravitational field.

Heck, that black hole, would likely be the primary parent star in controlling the planet orbits. The sun might even look like a planet compared to it.

• roca

The lazy guy's rest room. ;) heavily, although, which could matter on the dimensions and proximity of its region. If it substitute into super adequate and close adequate for its experience horizon to omit section or all of Uranus, it may pull in Uranus' mass and compress it down, including it to the singularity. If it substitute into too small and/or too a ways away for any of Uranus' mass to flow the progression horizon, it may substitute Uranus' orbit, the two pulling it out of the image voltaic device or displacing its orbit around the sunlight. If it substitute right into a microscopic black hollow, the probabilities of it coming interior our image voltaic device, not to point going everywhere close to Uranus, are extremely low. finally, it unquestionably relies upon on the dimensions and site of the black hollow. that's quite not likely that one with go paths with the image voltaic device, although -- area is huge, black holes tend to be small, and the better ones are extremely uncommon.

I know it is a trick question but I will ignore that.

There is no black hole near Uranus. It would have swallowed the solar system by now

• ?

What a black hole is, where they are found, what they do is all explained in my theory, given below, which will take you 20 minutes to read. There is a paragraph on black holes and dark matter in the addenda, enjoy.

• Ewen

To our knowledge, there are no black holes anywhere near the Solar System.

I think there is a brown hole near my URanus if that's what your on about Mr Troll

• There is no black hole by that planet.

• cunny

Ha ha. Old joke questios that my year 11 students used to ask in all innocence!

Oh dear, can't you be a bit more original, how many times have we seen something similar?

Yes, It's myanus

Source(s): I'm an astronaut