Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Free one day shipping at amazon ?

i want to order a dvd (season of a show i like) since i'm ordering it directly from amazon and it's over 25$ it says " Price: $31.46 & FREE Shipping. Details" then in the bottom it says "Want it Tuesday, Aug. 6? Order within 23 hrs 40 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout" since i do get FREE Shipping is the one day shipping free ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim S
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The one day shipping is not free.

The Free shipping is for Amazon Prime converts or for order totals of $25 or more when all the items that total $25 or more come from an Amazon warehouse (not an independent seller with local inventory). The free shipping is usually 2 or 3 day, depending on your distance from the fulfilling Amazon warehouse.

Source(s): Amazon, with 100% Seller rating, and proud of it.
  • 8 years ago

No - generally, the free shipping offered by Amazon on orders over $25 is their Free Super Saver Shipping, which usually means regular post or the slowest method offered.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.htm...

Amazon Prime members get free two-day shipping as one of their perks. I am not aware that Amazon offers free next day for any level of service.

If you want something "immediately", either choose the option for download or go to a local store and buy it now.

In my experience, even Amazon's free regular shipping is pretty fast. My brother ordered something with free shipping and received it the next business day. This, however, will depend upon where you live and where the item is being fullfilled from. If you live close to the distribution center, then chances are you'll get the item in just one or two business days. Otherwise, you'll have to wait the whole transit period between your house and the sender. For example, if you lived in San Diego and the item was fullfilled out of Los Angeles, you would get it real quick. If you lived in New York and it was fullfilled out of LA, then it would probably take about a week.

• 7 years ago

Amazon does indeed offer free shipping inside the USA. There is actually two different ways to get free shipping on your Amazon.com purchases and none of them involve some special coupon or magic shipping codes.

Both free shipping options are available to everyone.

***Method 1 - Amazon Free Shipping

If you select over $35 of eligible items excluding gift-wrap and taxes.

It is important to understand that eligible items will display "eligible for FREE Shipping" next to their price. You then need to ship all your items to a single address and select Free Shipping as the shipping speed. Items must be sold or fulfilled by Amazon to qualify toward reaching the $35 minimum purchase for free shipping by Amazon. Certain oversize and heavy items aren't eligible.

Find out more details on Amazon Free Shipping at:-

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.htm...

***Method 2 - Prime Free Shipping

If you are a member of Amazon Prime then you automatically get Free Two Day shipping on most items.

Prime is amazing value that includes a range of free services ontop of the Free 2-day shipping including Prime Instant Video, Prime Music, Prime Photos, Kindle Owners Lending library.

They even have a free trial 30 day trial. check out more details here:-

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Prime-One-Year-Member...

I hope that helps explain Amazon's free shipping offerings.

• Pat B
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, it is only free to be shipped by the best rate. If you want it overnight or two day you will pay the additional shipping charge.

Source(s): life
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It signs you up to amazon prime for a month and then will charge you the sub fee if you forget to cancel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.